Clinical Resource Management
eighty20 healthcare consulting’s Clinical Resource Management (CRM) program operates on the principle that physicians, provided with accurate data on their own practice patterns, will make clinical decisions that improve quality and reduce costs. This approach works through an experience‐based collaborative process, giving leadership and physicians the information and tools they need to identify cost-saving opportunities and improve clinical practices throughout the organization.
Physicians have a critical role in maintaining hospital profitability. To leverage this essential asset, hospital leaders must engage the medical staff in a way that vests them in the success of process.
eighty20’s CRM program is used by hospitals to institute and manage a process that identifies variances in how physicians use clinical resources to focus on the most promising areas to reduce costs. We work closely with the medical staff as part of a physician-led process that uses eighty20’s proprietary software to develop and adopt cost-effective practices that help them better manage costs and improve patient care.
Our CRM program provides:
- An analysis and profile of your hospital’s clinical resource utilization, adjusted for severity, mortality, morbidity and quality – then benchmarked to national, local, and/or market comparators.
- Proprietary software that profiles resource use and shows ordering patterns and variations by service line, department, physician groups, or specific practitioners. This software features:
- An accepted methodology that risk-adjusts data to provide measurable and reliable severity-adjusted profiles.
- A Decision Support Tool for best-practice analysis that the client can access.
- An Index of Quality Improvement that benchmarks reports and ratings of hospital data.
- An approved data format for ORYX® Hospital Core Measure Sets: AMI, HF, PN, PR, SCIP, CAC, and HBIPS.
- Identification of the most significant opportunities for cost improvement by reducing variations.
- An implementation program tailored to your specific needs, with the direct involvement of physician leaders.
- Medical staff education and training, with components for managers, nursing, and other clinical departments provided by experienced eighty20 physicians.
- Quarterly data updates for medical staff and management, with analysis to measure improvements and identify the areas yielding the best outcomes.
- A flexible decision support software tool, updated quarterly, which allows hospitals to continue to create reports and trend data down to the DRG level.
Our CRM provides a proven approach for hospitals to enhance quality and control costs through a continuous clinical process improvement cycle that encourages collaboration and commitment.
Please contact us for more information on using CRM to deliver meaningful, measurable results through sustainable process improvement.